More and more business owners are asking, “What is email marketing and how does it work?” It’s a great question and I hope to answer it for you with this article.
Email marketing has become a fundamental tool for small and large businesses since the introduction of the Internet.
With this article I will do my best to explain what email marketing actually is, why companies should use it, and how they should go about doing so.
In basic terms, email marketing is a form of direct marketing in which businesses use email to communicate with potential clients or existing clients.
The most common ways for companies to use email marketing include:
- Generating new sales prospects.
- Following up with sales prospects.
- Converting prospects into customers.
- Communicating with customers.
To give some more specific examples to better answer the question, “What is email marketing and how does it work?” let’s take a look at how different industries use email marketing.
- Entertainers use email marketing to build their fan base and to communicate with them. At an event or concert, fans could be invited to join the entertainer’s list. The entertainer could then add a signup-form to their web site. Now when there is a new event, concert, or special announcement, the entertainer would then be able to send that information out to their list – by the masses.
- Retailers use email marketing to create new sales and generate repeat business. Advertising would include an option to join the retailer’s list to receive special updates, coupons, incentives, or promotions. From there, the retailer would be able to stay in touch with their customers to create ongoing repeat business.
- Restaurants are another great example. Most likely you’re already receiving emails from some of your favorite restaurants with coupons, discounts, and special promos. This is an ideal way for restaurants to keep their name in front of their customers and drive repeat sales. Its been done for decades; email just makes the process efficient.
- Network Marketers often use email marketing to generate new leads and then follow up with those leads.
- Affiliate Marketers will use email marketing to build targeted lists of people with specific areas of interest. Then, as they find offers that would appeal to those groups, they are able to use email marketing to send those offers out to their lists.
So, if you have been asking, “What is email marketing and how does it work?” I hope that this article gives you the overall idea for how email marketing can work for your non-profit organization, business, or group.
If you’d like to learn more about how TrafficWave.net can help you build your business with email marketing, I invite you to request my free report that gives you more details and can show you how to get started absolutely free. Just fill out the form below.